The headlines this past week exposed, yet again, the deep-seated, enduring racism in our country. Anger-fueled riots left cities in smoldering ruins. What resources do we recommend? How can we respond?
Each of these messages contain theological reasoning, apologetic work, and steps for action.
- Gospel Works in Controversial Times (Jonathan Dodson)
- What about Racism? (Jonathan Dodson)
- Public Faith Forum on Race (Juan Sanchez)
While you may not agree with everything in these books, they are worth reading and weighing.
- One Blood: Parting Words to the Church on Race (Book Review)
- Woke Church – a mix of biblical reflection, cultural analysis, and practical guidance in how to respond to racism as the church.
- A Beautiful Community – an urgent call to be a diverse church united in Christ and grounded in the gospel
- A Divided Faith – sociological analysis of what it means to be a racialized society.