What a string of events these past few weeks have brought us. We are praying for each of you, for your City Group, and for our church as a whole as we navigate these unprecedented times.
Now more than ever we want to be clear, supportive, and constant in our communication. To this end, we will send regular updates and do our best to foster online connection in creative and meaningful ways. Below are answers to some of the questions surrounding what life on Sundays will look like for us as a community of faith moving forward. More information to come—both from your CIty Group Leaders and church-wide messaging—on how we’re modifying other areas of our corporate life together.
So what about Sundays?
- City Life will begin having online Sunday gatherings — with worship, preaching, and kids activities — this Sunday at 10am. More details to come.
- As we prepare for our shift to online gatherings, we ask that you take three simple steps to help prepare:
- Check your email and other communications from us. We are going to do our best to provide ample resources and efficient communication, so be on the lookout for continual updates from City Life..
- Reserve – Make these online gatherings an important reservation. Put it on the calendar, set aside your phones, set up your TV or computer to live stream ahead of time so you can worship undistracted. Reserve the time and space to worship the Lord with the rest of the church.
- Pray for our online Sunday gatherings just as much as you would pray for a normal gathering. Pray that the Holy Spirit would stir in the homes of our church and that we would flourish in the knowledge and grace of Jesus!
Things have changed drastically in the past weeks and more will surely follow. There are real fears and sobering realities that we’re facing—physical, emotional, economical, and spiritual. However the COVID-19 crisis is hitting you right now, we long to partner together as we point one another to Jesus. Take a few minutes to watch these brief reflections on Psalm 139 from Pastor Jonathan. Bring your cares to the Lord in prayer. Call a brother or sister in Christ to check-in and see how they’re doing.
May the God of all knowledge, love, and power breathe grace upon us as we walk this road together.
Meditations on Psalm 139 (Video Series)
Rest (Spotify Playlist)
We’ve curated a playlist for songs that speak truth to fear that you may be experiencing. We hope these songs will pull you up out of despair and help you worship our great God and King, Jesus!