In light of recent events and the rapidly changing news regarding COVID-19, we want to share a note about our church life together. First, we see this as a tremendous opportunity to be a people of hope, faith, and love. We encourage you to read Pastor Jonathan’s article and:
- Grieve the loss of life and pray for a cure.
- Take precautions but avoid a bunker mentality prioritizing yourself above others.
- Embrace the opportunity to share the hope of Christ through service, evangelism, giving to our city, and prayer for others.
Since we are not a large church, and people need the hope of the gospel and prayer, we will gather this Sunday (March 15) while taking the following precautions:
- We will take every precaution with cleanliness in our Sunday gathering.
- We will hold off on communion this Sunday as we evaluate how we can take the Lord’s Supper in a safe and responsible way.
- There will be no communal donuts available in the hospitality area this Sunday.
- Due to travel restrictions and health considerations, we have postponed our upcoming Global Cities weekend until later this fall.
If you or a family member have flu-like symptoms, are immunocompromised, or are in a risk group, we encourage you to a) email us for prayer and b) remain home and worship with your family. We will post Sunday’s audio and video recording as soon as possible.
Our church leadership will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated as things progress. Let’s take time to pray for one another, our city, and the world during this time of great fear and uncertainty for many. We care, love, and serve our neighbor —even in times of distress—knowing we serve a sovereign Lord who is working all things together for our good and his sovereign purposes (Eph. 1:11).
City Life Church